Your kids are going to hear about substance use one way or another–
it’s best if they hear about it from you.
The Connect Workshop is a 2.5 hour opportunity for parents and guardians in Deschutes County to learn factual, unbiased information and skills to start conversations with their kids about marijuana and other drugs. This is a free workshop for all participants.
- Learn about your child’s brain and how it can be affected by different substances like alcohol, marijuana and tobacco/vaping
- Learn strategies for navigating difficult conversations with your child about different substances
- Connect and learn from other parents in a non-judgmental environment
- Registration is required and limited to adults only (with the exception of child care services at select workshops)
- All workshops are limited to 20 registrants
The Connect Workshop is returning in Fall of 2019.
Dates and registration information will be posted here as soon as sessions are finalized.
Additional parenting workshops and classes are available at the
Family Resource Center of Central Oregon throughout the entire year.
Want to learn more about these workshops? Contact us below.
Interested in more parenting resources and workshops? The Family Resource Center (FRC) of Central Oregon is a local non–profit agency serving Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson Counties with a wide variety of resources for parents and grandparents of children of any age. “…Because kids don’t come with instructions”. FRC is also the local “hub” for parenting education and support. Get connected to over 25 tri–county organizations working together to provide a variety of programs and activities for families.